Department Mission: Provide early and extended learning opportunities for students’ birth through 12th grade. Five divisions within the department plan and implement programs to support students’ educational needs. Each division is designed to align with the MMSD Strategic Framework goal of increased access to learning and achievement for all students.
Key Department Functions
- Support schools in implementing quality 4K programs
- Develop and implement an enhanced Summer School program
- Develop a district wide vision of the 4K program and continue long range planning.
- 4-Year-Old Kindergarten (4K)
- MMSD Summer School
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Pre-Kindergarten Play & Learn
- After School Academic Infusion/Advisory Committee
New! 4K Summer Institute 2015