4K Virtual Learning for the 20-21 School Year
4K Virtual Learning will be a collaborative partnership between home and school. Below are details about MMSD 4K Virtual Learning:
- 4K teachers will provide instruction through whole group lessons M/T/Th/F, using Zoom (virtual platform)
- 4K teachers will provide additional lessons and activities that can be completed at a family’s convenience (when it fits into their schedule) to reinforce learning
- Individual student and small group lessons, scheduled by the teacher
- Attendance is flexible and a student will be considered present as long as families are in contact with their 4K teacher through Zoom, email text message, and use of Ready Rosie (parent modeling app, with thousands of videos that align and support what students learn in 4K, available through your student’s 4K teacher)
- MMSD Department of Early Learning is providing 4K families with supply kits that will be available through your 4K student’s elementary school or ECE site (more information will be provided to you when the kits are available)
- The kits will include hands on materials so that you and your student can engage in learning, along with the 4K teacher, in your home.
Just do what you can!
Step 2 - Daily Learning Plans
Daily Learning Plans are a list of fun stories and activities for each day of the week. This is the work children can do virtually throughout their day.
- Week of March 1
- Week of February 22
- Week of February 15
- Week of February 8
- Week of February 1
- Week of January 25
- Week of January 18
- Week of January 11
- Week of January 4
- Week of December 28 - Winter Break No Lessons
- Week of December 21 - Winter Break No Lessons
- Week of December 14
- Week of December 7
- Week of November 30
- Week of November 23
- Week of November 16
- Week of November 9
- Week of November 2
- Week of October 26
- Week of October 19
- Week of October 12
- Week of October 5
- Week of September 28
- Week of September 21
- Week of September 14
- Week of September 8
Ready Rosie is an online resource that provides short video clips of fun and engaging activities for parents to do with their children. MMSD and 4K/EC teachers will be able to share these with families by text/email. Please say “Yes” to accept the invitation when you get one from your teacher so your family can be included.
Virtual Learning Resources are tips for families and websites for enriched learning opportunities.